1. Take everything out of your gym bag. That includes your socks, your gym clothes, your hygiene stuff and even small items like candies. If there happens to be a removable piece placed on the bottom of your gym bag to make it sturdy, remove it as well. Place all your belongings from the gym bag in a plastic bag. In this way, you can put it all back in after washing your bag. Moreover, won’t lose anything important. If you notice dirt in any of your workout items, clean it also. You don’t want to put dirty items bag in your gym bag.
2. Prepare your bag for washing. Use your hands to brush off loose, exterior dirt and dust. Also, cut away any loose threads or fibers close to the zipping areas.
3. Before washing, take note of the bag’s care labels. If there are more necessary instructions, follow it.
4. Prepare enough lukewarm water to wash out and kill the germs and bacteria living in your gym bag. Take note, the temperature of the water should not be very hot, it must be bearable with our hands. We are not to burn our hands on the process.
5. Wash the gym bag with your hot/warm water and a mild soap. Make sure to wash every area of your gym bag including the small pockets inside or out.